Friday, August 10, 2007

I've dealt with depression for as long as I live. Sure, everyone gets the blues. Some get depressed because of life experiences. We know that's all part of life. My feelings didn't start because of one event and never went away - they just lessened.

Maybe it's a chemical imbalance? I've been on medication for over a year. That has helped but it didn't erase the sense of hopelessness. (Post on medication later...) Maybe it's all in my head? I actually have a great life that many have said they envy. But there's no way I see myself as someone to idolize. I saw a therapist for six months which helped a lot. (Post on therapy later, too...)

How are things now? Really good.

Part of the reason for this blog is to work through stuff by writing it down. The hope is that others can tell me what has worked for them. At the same time, I have been able to help three other people who were at least as bad off as my lowest point. Maybe that's one of the reason I have this plague - to help others? Crazy, I know.