Tuesday, October 9, 2007

President Faust's Counsel

I listen to Ensign articles, General Conference talks or the scriptures on my way to work in the morning. The mp3 resources the Church puts out are great. Sometimes I keep older material on my mp3 player just for variety. This just popped out at me today from President James E. Faust's article, “Welcoming Every Single One” in the August 2007 Ensign, page 4:

To be in control of your life, to be a success regardless of your marital situation, I recommend that you come to know your Father in Heaven. You can best do this by prayer, study, and keeping the commandments. Always remember that He loves you and will give you guidance and support if you will invite Him into your life. Include Him in your decision making. Include Him when you take inventory of your personal worth. Pray to Him when you are discouraged, because I testify that He does hear our cries for help. In his insightful discourse on prayer, the prophet Zenos observed, “And thou didst hear me because of mine afflictions and my sincerity” (Alma 33:11).

I don't know how many times I've listened to that article. This was very helpful in reminding me to reach out to my Father in Heaven.

1 comment:

Stephen said...

I always enjoyed Elder Faust's talks. I missed him this conference.